This policy sets out how QAH collects, stores and uses your data.
The notice below provides specific information about the data we process for QAH related services.
The kind of information we hold about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- Date of birth
- Marital status and dependants, where applicable
- Next of kin and emergency contact information
- Accommodation details and records
- If you are under 18 and all residents attending MPW – Guardian details including name, address, e:mail and contact numbers
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- Disciplinary and grievance information relating to residing at QAH
- CCTV footage
- We may also collect, store and use the following ‘special categories’ of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, disability or wellbeing
- Name and contact details for your General Practitioner
How is your personal information collected?
We collect most of the personal information about you through your application form, Guardianship form (where applicable) and your Medical Form. We collect this information in the course of your accommodation enquiry and when you are offered a room at QAH and move into the House.
We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including, for example, your Guardian (if applicable).
The basis for processing your data, how we use that data and with whom we share it
As part of the contractual relationship between you and QAH in providing accommodation.
We will do this either in ways which you have consented to, or because it is otherwise necessary for a lawful purpose.
To this end, we will share your data with third parties such as:
- Debt recovery or investigating complaints and enabling us to carry out our obligations.
- For crime prevention and detection.
- In emergency situations such as illness or serious injury we may pass your information to the emergency services, close family or next of kin.
- We will also use data in our legitimate interests or your vital interests where there is a serious risk of harm to you or to others or to our or other people’s property, to ensure the health and safety of students, staff and visitors and for all matters arising from your residing at QAH.
- Your Guardian (if applicable)
Storing your data
- Your personal data will be stored safely and securely on stand-alone QAH computers and in hard copy in a cabinet in the QAH Office. Access to this information stored on computers is only permitted with an approved username and password and access to hard copies is only permitted by senior QAH staff.
- After you leave QAH, some student data (including some personal data) will be retained as a permanent archival record for research and legal purposes.
When we will contact you
We will contact you by email, over the tannoy, in person or telephone to:
- send information relating to your accommodation application and Contract
- provide you with information relating to QAH during your stay
- invite you to take part in surveys about your accommodation experiences from time to time
Last updated 11 June 2018