Queen Alexandra’s House is a purpose built hostel for female students, constructed in 1884 on land owned by the Commissioners of the Exhibition of 1851. Following the curve of Bremner Road adjacent to the Royal Albert Hall, it has an imposing façade built in free Jacobean/Queen Anne revival style. The construction was funded by the principle benefactor Sir Francis Cook, a City of London cloth merchant. Henry Doulton the pottery manufacturer provided the decorative ceramic faience in the Entrance Hall, the fire place in the Drawing Room and the tiled wall panels illustration the arts of music and pottery, in the Dining Room. Coalbrookdale & Co provided the open iron staircase with its slender decorative supports and Chubb & Sons the door furniture. The building is part of London’s heritage.